Miller International Inc. is looking for a well-rounded Technical Support Specialist to assist in troubleshooting network and software problems, upgrading and installing software packages, and providing general support for our users.
Want to know the best thing about working for our company? The people. Our employees have the opportunity to work in a fun, casual, laid back atmosphere. If you have technical support experience, and a good sense of humor, then this is your once in a lifetime opportunity to be a part of something great! We want to hear from you if you possess the following skills and qualifications, and are ready to join our team of positive, enthusiastic, and dedicated creative thinkers.
· Create, maintain and update user accounts, public and private file stores, and email accounts
· Install Software and troubleshoot hardware
· Printer Maintenance and troubleshooting
· Pulling and making Network cable
· Creating and maintaining users on Phone System
· Motorola scan guns (Windows mobile)
· Perform system backups (Backup Exec)
· When appropriate, participate with Programmers, Senior IT Analysts and IT Web Designers on projects such as network support initiatives, vendor management, corporate initiatives and application development projects.
· Degree in Computer Science related field or emphasis in computers
· 1-2 years of experience
· Proven expertise working as desktop support for a networked, office systems environment
· Applicants must have broad knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Server 2003, Server 2008 & XP Pro and Windows 7), Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Internet Explorer
· Experience installing/configuring PC applications, troubleshooting connectivity issues, and conducting/troubleshooting system diagnostics
· Experience with network configuration, firewalls, routers, and VPN
· Experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PC/Laptops, PC Hardware and peripherals, including printers, scanners, etc., in a Windows environment.
· Experience with any of the following is a huge plus: Vonexus phone system, Cisco ASA, HP Layer 3 switch, Microsoft Retail management system, Micorosft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, BackupExec, Cognos, VMware ESXi
· Strong customer orientation (internal and external)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
· Ability to lift approximately 20 - 30 lbs
Do you see yourself working in a downtown high rise, wearing a suit and tie or high heels and pantyhose? Well if you do, then Miller probably isn’t for you. Denim is our specialty. Casual atmosphere, casual dress, serious business. Miller International not only offers competitive pay, but we also pride ourselves on a spectacular benefits package and generous Paid Time Off plan in addition to other unique perks. In short, the Company firmly believes in the importance of maintaining a proper work-life balance.
If this sounds like a position you genuinely want to fill, send us your resume- along with salary requirements- and cover letter telling us about your experience in Information Technology and why you would like to work with us.
We can’t wait to hear from you!